The City Council adopted Resolution 2017-23 on March 21, 2017 adopting policy goals and objectives for the City for 2017 and 2018. City Council goal "a." stated "Initiate parking review/plan/partnership strategy with Downtown, UW, residential districts, and vendors in rights of way (e.g. food trucks)." This webpage is intended to serve as a central point of information for mobile vendors, citizens, Planning Commissioners, City Council and members of the media to find information regarding proposed changes and follow the process.
In response to this Council Goal Planning, Staff has taken the lead on drafting licensing requirements and regulations. To date, it has not been identified as to which City Department or Division will administer and enforce any approved regulations or licensing requirements.
On April 17, 2017 Planning staff invited Mobile Vendors to a meeting at the City Annex. Invitations were extended directly to known vendors and the meeting invite was publicized on the City's webpage, Facebook page and Twitter feed. Members of the public, food truck industry and staff attended.
The following was presented:
As with all projects, schedules are tentative. Please visit the Agenda Center at www.cityoflaramie.org/AgendaCenter to view documents associated with meetings indicated below. Generally, documents are available 5-7 days prior to the meeting.
- Staff Report available here.
- May 8th, 4:30 p.m., City Council Chambers, City Hall, 406 Ivinson Avenue.
City Council Ordinance Adoption
- Three Readings and Public Hearing
- First City Council reading was held on Tuesday, August 1st. The agenda and documents can be found here. The proposed Ordinance (with Staff changes) was approved 8-0 and will continue to a second reading.
- The Second City Council reading is scheduled to be held on Tuesday, August 15th. The agenda and documents can be found here.
The City Council requested any interested parties make their thoughts and concerns known. Please contact City of Laramie Planning Staff or come to the 2nd reading on August 15th if you would like to provide input.
- On Tuesday, August 15th City Council discussed the Ordinance and potential concerns, as well as approved 3 amendments to the Ordinance before postponing action on Second Reading. The next City Council meeting will be held on September 5th. The agenda and documents can be found here. Note that because no action was taken, no formal changes to the documents could be made.
- On Tuesday, September 5th City Council discussed the proposed Ordinance and minor changes to address concerns that were brought forward during the previous meeting. The next meeting for third and final reading will be held on September 19th. The agenda and documents can be found here.
- On Tuesday, September 19th, City Council approved the Mobile Vending Ordinance after minor changes. The Ordinance can be found in Chapter 5.82 of Laramie Municipal Code.
City Council meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. and are held in City Council Chambers, City Hall, 406 Ivinson Avenue.
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions, or comments please contact Planning Staff at 307-721-5207. You may also email staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.