Click to Home
Go To Search
Temporary Relief Noise Permits for Park Reservations
This page is related to temporary relief noise permits related to park reservations.  For all other noise and special event permits, please visit

Temporary Relief Noise Permit Rules & Regulations

  • If a reservation permit is revoked for failure to comply with these temporary noise guidelines, the Parks and Recreation Department will not issue a refund for the unused reservation permit and will retain the applicant’s damage deposit.
  • If complaints are received, the Parks and Recreation Department or the Police Department shall notify the applicant of the complaint and shall ask the permit holder to turn down or refrain from any further amplified noise.
  • If you are notified to turn down the amplified noise, and you fail to comply or additional complaints are received, you will be subject to possible citation and forfeiture of your facility reservation damage deposit.
  • Laramie Municipal Code, Chapter 8.40.005 states that amplified noise within a residential area above 55db (A), which is clearly audible from a distance of 50 feet, is illegal.
  • Most park facilities are located within residential areas where a certain level of peace and quiet is expected and will be enforced.
  • Temporary Relief Noise Permit Applications must be submitted a minimum of 48 hours prior to the date/time of the event.
  • Temporary Relief Noise Permits are only allowed/permitted between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. for a time period not to exceed two hours.
  • Temporary Relief Noise Permit will not be issued if there are reasonable alternative locations for the event available to the applicant.
  • The Police Department and the Parks and Recreation Department retain the right to revoke the facility reservation permit, along with the Temporary Relief Noise Permit, and may require the permit holder to immediately refrain from any further amplified noise.
  • The Police Department will receive a copy of the facility contract along with the Temporary Relief Noise Permit and will routinely monitor the noise levels on all Temporary Relief Noise Permit holders .
  • The power outlets at the Washington Park Bandshell will not be energized unless a Temporary Relief Noise Permit has been issued or a City-authorized or City-sponsored event is approved.

Related Resources

Contact Us

If you have any questions regarding the temporary relief noise permit guidelines for park reservations, please contact the Recreation Center Front Desk at (307) 721-5269. For all other noise and special event permits, please visit

Recreation Center: 920 Boulder Dr.   |   Laramie, WY 82070   |   Ph: (307) 721-5269
Hours: Monday - Friday 5:00 am - 9:00 pm   |   Saturday 8:00 am – 8:00pm   |   Sunday 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm