Click to Home
Go To Search
Environmental Health
Division Responsibilities
The Environmental Health Division provides support to the Board of Health and licenses, permits, and inspects:
  • Pools and spas
  • Restaurants
  • Tattoo and body art establishments
  • Temporary food vendors

Licensing Regulations

  • Food services - A Food Service License is required to operate a food and/or drink establishment. This includes catering operations, temporary facilities, and mobile food units. The license fee is $100 for a new establishment and $50 for the annual renewal. A temporary food license fee is $25; see the application below for more information. Prior to opening an existing establishment, a preoperational inspection is required. Prior to construction, submittal of plans and equipment specification sheets for remodeling and new construction are required.
  • Pools and spas - Whether you operate a general use (public) pool or a limited use (hotel / motel / fitness center) pool or spa, a license is required. Pools and spas may be inspected twice annually. Prior to construction or installation of a new pool or spa, plans must be submitted to the Code Administration Division. A preoperational inspection is required prior to operating the pool or spa. A license application can be obtained at this time. Only commercial spas will be licensed. Domestic spas may not be used in a commercial facility.
  • Tattoos and body piercing - Tattooing and body piercing is also regulated by the City of Laramie. Prior to operating a tattoo or body piercing establishment or practicing as a tattoo or body piercing artist, you must apply for a license. Please contact the environmental health specialist at (307) 721-5283 for more information.

Additional Resources

City Hall: 406 Ivinson Ave.   |   Laramie, WY 82070   |   Ph: (307) 721-5200   |   Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm