Vending Permits

Requirements & Associated Fees

Vending licenses and permits are required to sell goods and services on public property. A vending license is valid from May 1st to October 1st of the calendar year in which it is issued. A vendor permit is valid for the 72-hour period stated on the face of the permit. A nonrefundable application fee of $50 dollars is required for a vending permit. (Nonprofit organizations having tax exempt status under the internal revenue code are exempt from this application fee.) For a 72-hour vendor permit, the application fee is $25. The licensee shall pay to the City a deposit of $50 dollars refundable upon expiration of the license if no term of the license has been violated and if all litter within the area of sales is removed each day of sales.

Permit / License Restrictions

In the license or permit, the city manager may specify locations where the licensee or permittee may sell to persons within a park from a vehicle lawfully parked in the adjacent street right of way. Vending is not otherwise permitted from or within any public right of way, including but not limited to streets and sidewalks. Vending is not permitted from or within any jogging path, whether within a designated right of way or not.

Pursuant to Laramie Municipal Code (Ord. 1339 § 2 (part), 2001), if food is being served to the public and there is a charge, a proper food license is required. Contact the environmental health specialist at (307) 721-5293 for more information.

The applicant and authorized officers of the corporation, if any, are required to possess or obtain public liability insurance and/or liquor liability endorsement to protect against loss from liability imposed by law for damages on account of bodily injury and property damage arising from the vending. Insurance coverage is required as a condition of vending in the parks, and public liability insurance required is $1 million per occurrence, $2 million aggregate. Such insurance shall name on the policy or by endorsement The City of Laramie as additional insured, the City, its officers, employees and agents. A certificate of insurance coverage must be filed with the Parks and Recreation staff no less than five days before the date of the vending permit unless the Parks and Recreation staff or designee changes the filing deadline, in which event such documents shall be provided prior to the vending.

Related Resources

Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding the temporary relief noise permit guidelines, please contact the Recreation Center Front Desk at (307) 721-5269.