The Laramie Community Recreation Center offers a variety of aquatic activities and programs for people of all ages. With three pools to choose from - an indoor pool, an outdoor pool, and an eight-lane pool - the center provides everything from kayaking and paddle-boarding to water aerobics and youth water play. Please see the program guide for current Red Cross swim lessons and safety classes, fitness classes and aquatics activities.
The diving board is currently closed for maintenance repairs. We let you know as soon as it is reopens!
Check out our currently weekly pool schedule.
The Recreation Division puts the safety of you and your children first. Please help us maintain a fun and safe environment by abiding by the following rules when utilizing our Aquatics areas.
- Age restrictions
- Children 5 and under must be accompanied by an adult in the water & within arm’s reach at all times.
- Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult in the water, actively supervising at all times.
- Children 8-12 years must be directly supervised by an adult in the pool area.
- Guardian must be 18 years of age
- General information
- No food, drink, or gum in pool facilities.
- Glass containers and alcohol are not permitted at any time.
- Inflatables are prohibited.
- Anyone entering the pool must wear a swimsuit (no denim or cutoffs permitted).
- All patrons must shower before entering the water.
- Children under 3 or who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper or a diaper and snug plastic pants.
- All diaper changing must be done in the family locker room.
- Noodles and small toys are permitted in the indoor Leisure pool.
- An aquatic wheel chair and aquatic lift are available for use; please ask the Aquatics Staff for assistance if needed.
- Play features
- All riders must enter the water feet first.
- Walking up the slide is also prohibited.
- Patrons must be 48" tall to use the large water slides.
- Whirlpool, Steam and Sauna Use
- Users must be at least 16 years old.
- Use is limited to 15 cumulative minutes. Please allow your body time to cool down between features.
- 8 lane pool
- All youth swimmers must pass a 25 yard swim, and 2 minute water tread test to utilize the 8 lane pool.
- Do not go under or over ropes separating pool areas at any time.
- Lanes separated by lane lines are for lap swim only.
- Kick boards are to be used by lap swimmers only.
- Diving Board Use
- No specialty dives.
- Forward dives only.
- No Lifejackets on diving board.
ACSD#1 Pool Use
For additional information about aquatic programs and events, please contact the Aquatics Supervisor at (307) 721-5263.