Curbside Green Waste Collection
Residents that would like to sign up for Curbside Green Waste Collection or would like more information should contact McBride’s Yard Waste Collection Service at (307) 399-2028 or www.mcbridesyardwaste.com
Green Waste Drop-Off
Drop-off of Green Waste is free at the Laramie Landfill. Any green waste that can be diverted from the landfill will not only help in producing compost, but will extend the life of the landfill.
*Note: Stumps and branches over eighteen inches in diameter and/or more than eight feet long may be charged a special handling fee at the landfill. Any green waste coming into the landfill that is contaminated with garbage will be charged at the trash disposal rate.
Aside from fruit, vegetable and garden waste, food waste is not currently accepted at the compost facility. Fruits and vegetables in their natural state are accepted, provided there are no stickers or any packaging materials. However, If the produce has had any preparation, processing or cooking then it would not be accepted.
- Pumpkins that have been carved, but have no wax residue from candles and are free of decorations would be accepted.
- Fruit and vegetable peels are accepted provided they are free of stickers, are uncooked / unseasoned.
- A celery stick with peanut butter or an apple slice sprinkled with cinnamon would not be accepted.
- A salad that has wilted, but is not covered in dressing is accepted.
- Meats, bones and dairy products would not be accepted.
To compost your food waste, try backyard composting.
Consider using a food waste or in sink garbage disposer. This waste will then end up at the Waste Water Treatment Plant and may end up in the biosolids, a component of our composting program. Be sure to follow the instructions for your disposer, including what food waste is appropriate for your disposer. For example, grease and oils should never be placed down the drain.
Call the the Solid Waste Division at (307) 721-5279 for more information.