Civil Service Commission
- Regular meetings are the second Wednesdays of the month at 3 p.m. in January, April, July and October.
- The Commission will meet additionally as needed
- All meetings are open to the public.
- Municipal Chambers, City Hall, 406 Ivinson Avenue.
- Direct agenda inquiries to the Office of the City Clerk Phone:307-721-5233.
View the City calendar to see when the next meeting is scheduled.
To check for items presented to the Commission for a meeting check the Agenda.
- Civil Service Commission has two agendas, one each: Fire Agenda and Police Agenda.
Number of Members- The commission shall consist of three (3) member. One member will be the Mayor of Laramie City Council be permanently appointed to the CSC.
Term- Members shall hold office for three- (3) year terms and serve until his/her successor is appointed and qualified.
Eligibility- Not more than one (1) commissioner may be appointed from the governing body, and no officer or employee in the fire or police department is eligible to serve as a commissioner.
Appointment/Reappointment- Members may apply to be reappointed to the commission at the end of their term by resubmitting an application to the City Council.
- Bob Kenison
Term Expires: October 31, 2023
- Dave Paulekas
Term Expires: October 31, 2021
- Mayor Paul Weaver
Term Expires: Mayor of Laramie is permanently appointed seat per Resolution 2017-09
Charge or Purpose: The Civil Service Commission certifies all promotion and hiring lists in the Police and Fire Departments and is responsible for classifying positions within the Police and Fire Departments. The commission also monitors dismissal from city service and hears grievance appeals from city employees.
Duties/Responsibilities: To certify the names of employees in the service and to adopt and enforce all rules and regulations necessary for the government of their proceedings; to adopt rules for the classification of employment and promotion on the basis of merit, experience and good record; to prepare eligibility lists from which vacancies are to be filled; and to prescribe the procedure for the investigation of breaches of rules and regulations.
Rules for Civil Service Commission Police
Rules for Civil Service Commission Fire
Notice of Proposed Change to Civil Service Commission Rules for Police
NOTICE OF CONSIDERATION OF PROPOSED CHANGES IN RULES OF CITY OF LARAMIE POLICE DEPARTMENT CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
Pursuant to statutory requirements notice is hereby given that the City of Laramie Police Department Civil Service Commission will accept comments from interested persons for a period of forty five (45) days on the below described proposed changes to the Civil Service Commission Rules dated October 13, 2021. The first date of publication is October 27, 2021 and the final day comments on the proposed changes will be accepted by the City Clerk is December 13, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. The Public Hearing on the proposed changes will be held via Zoom, Meeting ID # 845 4912 0378 Passcode: 018069, on January 12, 2022 at 3:00 p.m. followed by the regular meeting of the Police Civil Service Commission.
Petition 2021-01 proposes changes to update Chapter VI, Section 1. Classifications, 4. Law Enforcement/Fire Dispatcher and 5. Law Enforcement/Fire Dispatcher Supervisor to now read 4. 911 Emergency Communication Operator and 5. 911 Emergency Communication Supervisor. The purpose of the change it better describe the position to aid in recruitment.
Copies of the petitions can be viewed on the City website www.cityoflaramie.org or may be obtained from the Office of City Clerk during regular business hours at 406 Ivinson Avenue, Laramie, Wyoming. Comments can be mailed or delivered to Nancy Bartholomew, CMC, City Clerk, P.O. Box C, 406 Ivinson Ave., Laramie, Wyoming 82073.
DATED this 19th day of October, 2021.
/s/ Nancy Bartholomew, CMC, City Clerk
Legal Publish: October 27, 2021 and December 8, 2021.
From: Dale Stalder <email@example.com>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2021 11:26 AM
To: Nancy Bartholomew <NancyB@cityoflaramie.org>
Cc: Lori Curry <LCurry@cityoflaramie.org>; Robert G. Terry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: RE: Items for the CSC meeting on October 13th
I have these items:
- Request to establish a list for the position of police sergeant
- Request to change the testing process for police sergeant
- Request to certify a list for the position of police sergeant
- Request to establish a list for the position of sworn officer
- Request to establish a list for the position of law enforcement / fire dispatcher
- Request to change the title of law enforcement / fire dispatcher to 911 Emergency Communications Operator
- Request to change the title of law enforcement / fire Dispatch Supervisor to 911 Emergency Communications Supervisor
- Request to certify a list for the position of law enforcement / fire dispatcher
Civil Service Liaison
The City Clerk of Laramie, Nancy Bartholomew, City Hall, 406 Ivinson Avenue, Laramie, WY 82070.