2022 City Council Municipal Elections
Laramie Municipal Code 2.04
Enrolled Ordinance No. 2042, adopted on April 5, 2022. Sets amended ward boundaries to nearly equal proportions after the 2020 Census.
Primary Election Date: August 16, 2022
General Election Date: November 8, 2022
Municipal Candidate Filing Period: May 12-27, 2022
Statement of Contributions and Expenditures Due:
Primary Election: Contributions & Expenditures- 7 days before the Primary: Aug. 9, 2022
General Election: Contributions & Expenditures- 7 days before the General: November 1, 2022
For a list of candidates filed please refer to Albany County’s website.
Applying for City Council
The following qualifications are required to apply for a council seat.
- Must be a registered voter.
- Must reside within the City of Laramie
- Laramie Municipal Code 2.04 - City Council
- Please ensure that (taken from Municipal Offices Application for Nomination by Primary form):
- You are not holding an office which may conflict, or be incompatible, with the office for which you are filing.
- Your employment is compatible with the office you are seeking.
- Candidates for municipal office must be a registered voter and a resident of the municipality and ward which he seeks to represent (W.S. 22-23-301) and will have resided in said ward for at least one (1) year next preceding his election if so elected. (W.S. 22-23-103(b)). In a General Election year in which city wards are redrawn due to redistricting, a person may be a candidate if they are a resident of the city on the day they file their application for nomination, and have been a resident of the city for at least one (1) year preceding their election. (W.S. 22-23-103(c)).
- Pursuant to W.S. 6-10-106, a person convicted of a felony is incompetent to hold any office of honor, unless he has had a complete and full restoration of rights, not just voting rights. If you have any questions regarding your ability to hold office, please ask the County Clerk for clarification.
- At the time of appointment to the City Council, may not be a City employee or hold an office that may conflict or be incompatible with the office of City Council.
Completed applications must be turned into the City Clerk's Office at 406 Ivinson Ave in person. Please call us at (307)721-5220) to schedule an appointment or when you arrive at City Hall.
2022 City Council Elections
For absentee ballots, voter registration, polling locations, filing for election of any office other than City Council, or any other assistance with the 2022 primary and general elections...please visit the County Clerk website or their office at 525 Grand Avenue Suite 202.
Applications for election to City Council are due in the City Clerk’s Office between May 12 and May 27, 2022.
The Statement of Contributions is due to the County Clerk’s Office no less than 7 days before the primary and general elections.
The Statement of Contributions and Expenditures is due to the County Clerk’s Office no later than 10 days after the primary and general elections.
For complete information regarding the rules for running for City Council, please see the County Clerk’s website or call Albany County Elections at 307-721-2546.
Sample ballots will be available at the County Clerk’s Office.
Wyoming Secretary of State Elections webpage https://sos.wyo.gov/Forms/Default.aspx?root=Elections.
Albany County Election webpage https://www.co.albany.wy.us/164/Elections.
2022 Campaign Guide
Election Sign Compliance
LMC 15.14.120.C.2.r. Election signs that do not exceed thirty-two square feet in sign display area and seven feet in sign height, and are not located in any public right-of-way.
Please also see information in the 2022 Campaign Guide for the distances signs must be from polling and election offices.
2022 Municipal Candidate Filing (as of May 27, 2022, 5:00 pm)
Laramie City Council
- Allison Cunningham, Text message or email only please Phone: (307)315-1484, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frederick J. Schmechel, Phone: 307-630-6424, Email: email@example.com
- Brandon Newman, Phone: (785)592-0681, Email: Brandon@brandonnewman.net
- Laurence Brett ("Brett") Glass, Phone: (307)745-0351, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joe Shumway, Phone #307-760-6191, Email: email@example.com
- Erin O'Doherty, Phone #307-223-9295, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on candidate filing please visit the Albany County Candidates web page.
Primary Election Results (Candidates who will appear on the General Election Ballot)
Election Results can be found on the Albany County website https://www.co.albany.wy.us/176/Election-Results..
General Election results: