Special Events Permits


Application for Special Event Permit, Alcohol Catering, Malt Beverage and Open Container Permits. (This application works best when using Google Chrome as the web browser.)


The Office of the City Manager Special Events permitting process regulates special events in or upon a street, alley, public park, public buildings and/or sidewalks in the interest of public health, safety and welfare. These events may include-but are not limited to-fundraisers, walk/runs, parades, block-parties, rallies, outdoor markets, street-closures, entertainment, and sound-amplification. Permits are also needed when the sale or exchange of alcohol for goods or services is expected. Alcohol permits are required when providing alcohol at a private or public event in exchange for money or donations of any kind. For questions about alcohol permits, email the City Clerk's Office or call 307-721-5220.

The obligation of complying with special event requirements is placed solely upon the permittee. no provision is intended to impose any duty upon the city, or any of its officers, employees or agents. View the full ordinance on non-alcohol SEP's.

3 Types of Alcohol Permits:

Open Container Permits ($25)

Consuming alcohol on City Property, attendees are not paying for the alcohol. If the location is a city park, contact the Parks and Recreation Department to rent the facility and obtain the permit.

Malt Beverage Permits ($75)

Consuming malt beverages only on private or public property, attendees are paying for the alcohol now or there is an expectation of financial gain the the future by providing the "free" alcohol. Can be obtained by a citizen or organization.

Alcohol Catering Permits ($75)

Consuming alcohol (beer, wine, spirits) on private or public property, attendees are paying for the alcohol now or there is an expectation of financial gain the future by providing the "free" alcohol. Can ONLY be obtained by a Retail or Resort Alcohol License Holder.

Filing Period Requirements

A COMPLETE application for a special event permit shall be filed in full with the city manager not less than 14 days before the date (not including the date of the event) on which the event is to be held (Municipal Code 12.60.010-130).

However, we recommend applications be submitted at least 21 days before the event to ensure all required documents are obtained and clarifications made before the 14 day deadline. A late fee of $50 will be assessed for complete alcohol related applications received after 14 days before the date on which the event is to be held, which is deemed to have a good cause. (Paying the late fee does not guarantee approval of the application).

Questions regarding non-alcohol related events...email the City Manager's Office or call 307-721-5226.

Questions regarding alcohol related events...email the City Clerk's Office or call 307-721-5220.

Application Resources

Review and complete all documents prior to applying for a Special Event Permit. The application process is online. Partial applications do not comply with the 14 day filing period, and will be considered on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the City. There is a late fee of $50 for every Malt Beverage, Alcohol Catering or Open Container Permit received less than 14 days before the event. The application must be COMPLETE 14 days before the date of the event to avoid the late fee and possible denial of the application.

Have the following items when you complete your application:

  • Date, time, location, name of the event; whether or not you will have amplified sound, vendors, alcohol, sidewalk/street closures, tents/inflatables; number of participants; persons responsible for the event and any other pertinent information.
  • Map of the location marked with the applicable information: exits, location of the bar(s), the area that alcohol will be allowed, and location of "No Alcohol Allowed Beyond this Point" signs, barricades, trash receptacles, booths, street closures, etc.
  • Proof of identity of the applicant.
  • Letter of permission from the property owner, if not public property
  • Certificate of Liability Insurance with the City of Laramie listed as an additionally insured, if on public property.
  • If you are having a tent/inflatable, know the dimensions. A tent permit is required for all tents 400 sq ft or larger and all inflatables.
  • Neighborhood Notification form, completed by all adjacent property owners to your event. Call 307-721-5226 or email the City Manager's Office to determine whether or not your event requires notification.
  • For all alcohol events, a WY Sales Tax License is required. To obtain a permanent or temporary license, please visit http://revenue.wyo.gov/Excise-Tax-Division/forms or call the WY Department of Revenue at Phone: 307-742-4207.

Important Links

Signs for Exits and Control

Street Closures and no Parks Reminders:

Street Maintenance Division will supply barricades and/or "NO PARKING" signs as requested in an approved Special Event Permit more than 24 hours before your event. You (the applicant) must abide by the following:

  • Streets will place the barricades on the corners; it is YOUR responsibility (as applicant) to set them in place 24 hours prior to your event.
  • "No Parking" signs are required on ALL affected parking spots 24 hours prior to your event. These signs must face the street, toward the parked cars, for the public to view 24 hours prior to the event.
  • It will be your responsibility to monitor the "NO PARKING" signs, keeping them turned toward parked cars to provide the requisite 24 hour parking-public-notice and throughout the event.
  • Any City of Laramie property lost or damaged are the responsibility of the permit holder.
  • Vendors are not to move barricades.
  • After the event: remove your notification from the no-park signs, and turn the "No Parking" signs away from the street, remove wooden barricades, and pull them aside to a safe and secure location until they are picked up by the City Street Division.

For additional information refer to the No Park Guidelines or call the City Manager's Office at: 307-721-5226.

Maps of Common Permit Locations

Albany County Fairgrounds

Ivinson Mansion

Laramie Plains Civic Center

University of Wyoming

Eppson Center

Ice & Events Center

Union Pacific Train Depot