Engineering Permits

All Engineering permits shall be submitted to the City of Laramie Engineering Division.  Permits are linked below to our online permit portal with MyGov.

If you have any questions about the permit process or submitting permits you can email us at or contact us by phone at (307) 721-5250.

Access Permit - In conjunction with the Right-Of-Way Access Policy and an Access Agreement, this permit is for individual property owners from Albany County seeking an access onto City of Laramie Right-of-Way. Cost $150

Concrete Permit - A concrete permit is required when replacing or installing any curb & gutter or sidewalk within the City right of way. Cost $0    This permit is available from the PW Construction inspector, 307-399-2958

Driveway Access Permit - A driveway permit is required anytime a new access is needed from a private property, within the City, onto the City right of way. Cost $35

Excavation Permit - An excavation permit is required for any excavation done in the City right of way. Cost $105

Fire Flow Request - A fire flow request is made when constructing new development or installing fire suppression systems. Cost $0

Floodplain Development Permit - This permit is required for development in floodplains. No work of any kind may begin in a floodplain area designated as A, A1-30, AE, AO, AH, or B until a floodplain development permit is issued. Cost $0

Grading Plan - A grading plan is required for any earth work or grading done outside of a project or development. Cost $500

Modification to Parking - This permit is for an individual to request modifications to parking in areas around town. The permit is used for requesting vehicle specific, on-street, handicap parking spaces or school zones. Cost $35

Modification to Traffic Control - This permit is for an individual to request modification to traffic control in areas of the City of Laramie. Applications will be submitted for review from City Staff. Cost $190

Oversized Load Permit -Loads with heights 17' and over will need to allow for a minimum of 24 hours of notice prior to the requested movement. It is the applicant's responsibility for vertical clearances and any damage/casts to traffic control devices or overhead lines, where it is necessary to make arrangements for the movement of lines and any corresponding fees before you can proceed on route. Depending on the route -there may be time restrictions due to local traffic flow volumes: school hours, rush hour traffic, etc. No movement will be allowed between the hours of: 7am-9a, 11am - 1pm, and 4pm - 6pm.  Important Contact information: CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS, Phone:307-399-8169, ROCKY MOUNTAIN POWER, Phone: 307-721-7900 or 888-221-7070, CENTURYLINK, Phone:307-414-4926, CITY OF LARAMIE POLICE DEPT, Phone: 307-721-3504,  Cost $ 10

Right of Way Obstruction Permit - A right of way obstruction permit is required for any temporary blocking of the sidewalk, an alley, or a street for construction purposes. Cost $35 This permit is also used to apply for a more permanent blocking in the ROW, not on sidewalks, and subject to traffic review. $250. 

Right of Way Encroachment: Beautification & Business Permit - Required if a business seeks to place items within the public right-of-way; planters, benches, tables, chairs. Cost $0 beautification, $50 annually business

Street Closure Permit - A street closure permit is required anytime a street is closed or traffic is detoured. Cost $35
(Closing a street for a special event is handled through a Special Event Permit available in the City Clerk’s Office.)


Submitting a permit application and payment of the application fee does not guarantee approval of the permit.

All fees doubled if work has already begun or use started prior to permit submittal and approval.
(As approved by Laramie City Council, June 7, 2016.)