Parks & Recreation
Have Vaccine Questions?
We have compiled some information from the CDC and reviewed the information with the Albany County Public Health Department for accuracy. Click HERE for information.
current Rec Center Covid-19 Update
Beginning Monday January 25, the Recreation Center will extend weekday evening hours to 8pm. Pools will close at 7:30pm. Additionally, this hour will also extend our "mask optional" time until 8pm on those days.
Hot Tub Reopens!
The hot tub has reopened and is now available for use. Reservations are available for 15 minute time slots for one person or two members of the same household. No back to back reservations allowed due to health guidelines. Call 721-5259, Option 7 to make a reservation!
General Recreation Center Operations
The Recreation Center is currently open M-F 5am-7pm and Saturdays from 8am-5pm. Mask optional hours at your workout station are between 5-7am and 4-7pm. This means that you will still wear a face covering through the facility, but once you reach your work out area you may remove it to work out. Social Distancing and limited capacities are still in effect as per the Wyoming State Health Orders and we thank you for your understanding. We will ask you to acknowledge these guidelines and agree to abide by them when you come in.
General Facility Use
- Members—Equipment and various areas (gym, cardio, weight room, track, and pool) are available for reservation by members. Please just call us at 721-5269, Option 7 to reserve the space you wish to use. You may make a reservation a day in advance. Please leave a message as appropriate.
- Non-Members—Additionally, we welcome non-members to drop in and use facilities that are not already in use. Regular day-use fees apply and memberships will be available to purchase for interested parties.
Facility and Equipment Sanitation
In order to provide the safest environment equipment will be sanitized between use and available to check out. Please be advised that we will be offering basketball hoops on the East Court for general use, any basketball "games" should be non-contact and use social distancing to the greatest extent possible. Please check the gym schedule for availability.
A selection of fitness classes will be available virtually and in-person to members and for purchase with a fitness pass. Please check out the schedule with a link to log in or register for virtual classes at www.cityoflaramie.org/fitness. A membership gains you access to all drop-in classes at no additional charge. Non-members will be able to participate at the drop in rate of $8/class. Some select classes are also available for registration. Please call us at 721-5269 Option 7 or sign up on-line at www.parksandrec.cityoflaramie.org.
In order to accomplish appropriate social distancing measures and limit risk to both staff and patrons alike we are following detailed plans. Here is what you should expect.
- Open Hours—We will be open from 5am-8pm M-F and 8am-5pm on Saturday. We will be closed on Sundays. Pools open a half hour later and close at 7:30pm weekdays and 5pm Saturdays.
- Face Coverings in the Facility--All facility users will be required to wear face coverings over your mouth AND nose unless you are swimming or at your work out station during the hours of 5-7am or 4-8pm. Please be advised that this can affect your oxygen level and you may not be able to work out as vigorously as your body adapts. Information about working out while wearing a mask is available on the internet and we encourage you to discuss this with your physician if it causes you concern. You’ll find some information here https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-safely-exercise-with-a-face-mask-on-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic/ that may be useful.
- Temperature Check—We will have a person stationed at the front door to do a quick, no-touch temperature check when you arrive. If you have a fever above the CDC recommendation of 100.4 degrees you will not be permitted entrance.
- Facility Reservation Required—In order to meet social distancing standards facility reservations are required either upon your drop in visit or a day in advance for member convenience. Please see the listing above for equipment and capacities in the facility.
- Locker Rooms NOW AVAILABLE!
- Children under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult—We still welcome families and your children, but with additional supervision. Thank you for your understanding.
As restrictions relax we will modify our restrictions, so please anticipate changing requirements. Thank you for your understanding as we work through these changing circumstances.
Membership Billing Plan:
For the month of May, we are continued our suspension of billing and extension of membership dates as we did in April. Memberships may be suspended upon request during the pandemic. Please fill out and return the Cancel/Change/Suspend Form.
- For members who pay for their membership monthly, we suspended billing for April and May. The term of membership will remains the same, but any months remaining were activated upon reopening. For instance, for an annual membership we suspended for two months, the membership commitment is complete after fourteen months and set to renew.
- For members who paid in full, memberships were extended to make up for the time we closed. This will moves membership expiration date out later than originally scheduled.
If members need assistance or would like to make membership arrangements, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist on a case by case basis.
Please check our online registration site for our current offering and registration details. We are pleased to be able to offer a number of our regular programs with modifications. These include adult and youth volleyball, youth basketball, swim lessons, ice skating lessons and fitness classes. We look forward to seeing you!