Landfill Voucher PROGRAM
- Vouchers will be issued online. Voucher applications will be accepted from 9am on April 19, 2021 – 2:30pm on September 17, 2021.
- Voucher is only valid at the Laramie Landfill from May 3, 2021 - September 18, 2021 during normal landfill hours.
- Vouchers are for households only. No business, commercial, industrial or institutional waste will be allowed, and no applications will be approved under a business name or commercial address.
- Online applicants must fill out an online application. A document such as a current utility bill, etc. with a name corresponding to the applicant will need to be uploaded. “Tenant”, “Resident”, a business name or commercial address will not be accepted.
- One voucher per household or service address per year. Lost vouchers will not be replaced.
- Voucher will be good for one pick-up size load (approximately 2 ½ yards).
- Vouchers are good for waste and/or recycling material generated at the address on the voucher only.
- Fees for tires, refrigerators, dead animals, special handling and uncovered loads still apply.
- Household Hazardous Waste can be brought out when redeeming a voucher. However, it still requires an appointment. Call 721-5279 at least a day in advance to schedule this.
- Vouchers will be redeemed at the Landfill Scale House only. Vouchers without a unique identifying number will not be accepted.
- Vouchers are a privilege and not a right. The Landfill Supervisor or Solid Waste Manager will make the final decision if the Scale Operator and Customer disagree on any aspect of the voucher program.
- Vouchers will be emailed to the email address provided during the application process. Be sure to check your SPAM folder if you didn't receive it. The voucher will come from a "MyGov" address. If you do not provide an email address, then the voucher will be mailed to the mailing address provided.
- Applying for and receiving a voucher is not instantaneous. Staff need to review each application. Please do not go to the landfill until the application has been approved and you have received and printed the voucher.
- Saturdays are the busiest day at the landfill. Consider redeeming your voucher during a weekday if a longer than normal wait will be an issue.
- Some things are free at the landfill for residents and there is no need for a voucher. These things are green-waste (less than 8' long and under 18" in diameter), e-waste, metal, lead-acid, some rechargeable batteries and Household Hazardous Waste. Other items like clothing, non-perishable food and some furniture can be donated to various organizations in Laramie.