Oct 25

Missing Street Signs

Posted on October 25, 2021 at 11:56 AM by Nancy Oakland-Potter

Q:  The street signs on the corner of Indian Hills and Comanche Dr have disappeared...not sure if they were stolen or are being replaced? Also, it seems that ALL of the street signs on 45th (?) and the names streets (Comanche, Cheyenne, Crow, etc.) are missing? Is that on purpose or were they stolen? It would help for way-finding if all of these street signs were installed, perhaps with anti-theft screws?


A:  Thank you for reporting your concerns. Replacement signs were just received in last Friday and will hopefully be installed with anti-theft screws this week. Unfortunately, the signs went missing due to theft; this is the third set the City Streets staff have installed over the past two months in this area.

Sep 28

Municipal Court Citation Appearances

Posted on September 28, 2021 at 3:17 PM by Nancy Oakland-Potter

Q.  I was issued a citation and need to appear in court of October 5, 2021. I was wondering if court dates were still on Zoom due to COVID, or if I need to appear in person. Thank you in advance.


A.  Please reach out to the Municipal Court office at 307-721-5239 to visit about your Court appearance.  Currently, Municipal Court is conducting Court procedures via Zoom, if you reach out to the Court, staff will be able to schedule a date for you to appear and answer any questions you may have.

Aug 30

Limiting chickens within city limits

Posted on August 30, 2021 at 2:24 PM by Nancy Oakland-Potter

Q.  Have there been considerations to limiting chickens within city limits? The chickens draw in wild animals such as skunks and raccoons which cause various issues to neighboring homes. The displeasant smell of skunk every night is becoming increasingly irritating. 

A.   Established City of Laramie Municipal Code 6.06.030 (Rabbits and fowl) does limit the number of rabbits and fowl allowed on the premises of any owner within city limits—see below:

Rabbits and fowl are allowed within the city; providing that they meet the following requirements:

       J.        Not more than twelve of these animals in any combination over one hundred days old shall be kept on the premises of any owner.

An exception is granted to licensed veterinary clinics for the number of animals kept.

(Ord. No. 1612, 10-18-2011)